A name based on a scent descriptor of wine-tasting notes for Pinot Noir from Burgundy. Many scent descriptions on wines harken a place and time – the French have mastered this, hence the idea of terroir. All the poetry aside, it smells like wet dirt.
Green leaves and soil scented from rain, alive and ozonic. As in a glass of champagne, when a raindrop hits the ground, air bubbles rise upward, releasing a fizz of aromatic natural aerosols that carry hidden scents of the earth as they evaporate.
Misty forest ferns and dirt-covered wild mushrooms hover over a heavy peaty aroma of dark green moss and damp, woody tree bark. A divine and distinctive earth perfume for the home.
Is not the smell of forests delicious? It seems to ascend like the smoke of incense.
- Natural Wax Candle in Smoke Grey Mouth Blown Glassware
- Not a trace of petroleum-derived paraffin is used in our wax formulation.
- Composed of an exquisite blend of bespoke perfume oils and essential oils, which are phthalate-free and crafted with cotton wicking.
- Poured into artisan mouth-blown glassware exclusive to Tatine, crafted to be drink safe. Gently hand wash or place the glass in the dishwasher for use at your next celebration and let it live uniquely on.
- The packaging for this collection is made from 100% post-consumer materials, richly textured and beautifully repurposed. Every parcel is unique and variations in the paper are a testament to its natural character.
- The boxes are printed in Chicago with craft manufacturing, adorned with locally-sourced, 100% recyclable labels featuring a kindred design collaboration between two Chicago female artists and Tatine, working in shared inspiration from music, poetry, and abstract painting.
- Flatten the beautiful origami-style box, as the scent of each candle leaves its mark and can be slipped into a drawer to emit a delicate fragrance.
CLASSIC 8 OUNCE
- up to 50 hours of a delicate fragrant atmosphere when burned properly.
PETITE 3 OUNCE BLACK WAX
- up to 16 hours of a delicate fragrant atmosphere when burned properly.
- Our petite candles are tinted black with ingredients extracted from vegetable oils that are both Prop65 and REACH compliant.
- Inky black when lit, a light grey crystallization or texture may appear on the unlit candle surface. This is considered a unique part of working with natural colorants.